Last Updated on
Hybrid bikes represent a popular category in this industry due to their numerous uses. Basically, you can use a hybrid bike to smoothly ride to work or school, but also on a slightly rough terrain. However, given the diversity of this market, chances are you’ll face a series of challenges in choosing the optimal bike. Most experts recommend going with the front runners – assess your needs, find a reliable manufacturer and analyze the best selling bikes. It sounds easy, but it’s still going to take a lot of time. Browsing through the best hybrid bikes under 500 should give you enough hints about what to expect from such a model.
Comparison Table – Top 4 Options Compared
Buying Guide For The Best Hybrid Bike Under 500
If you are fond of biking, then the only way to enjoy it the most is by riding the best hybrid bike that is available in the market. A hybrid bike is a 2-in-1 product that can be used on streets as well as mountains.
There are innumerable kinds of hybrid bikes available for sale and most of them are extremely expensive. However, if you are looking for a hybrid bike under 500, then you should check out this buying guide. The guide will help you to pick the best hybrid bike under 500 that fits your pockets.
Gears: Most of the hybrid bike brands have 1-27 gears. The number of gears that your bike should have will depend on where you want to ride it. For instance, if you are riding in the mountains then you should purchase the bike with highest gears.
Wheel: The wheel size or width of the tire of hybrid bikes is 35mm to 45mm. 700mm is the nominal diameter of the tire. To get the best experience of mountain bikes, you should choose up to 45mm tire.
Brakes: Most of the hybrid bike models have two types of brakes – rim brakes and disc brakes. Among the two, disc brakes are better option as they offer enough power and control to the bike. Disc brakes are further divided into hydraulic and mechanical; wherein hydraulic are automatic and mechanical are manual.
By keeping the aforesaid tips in mind, buy the best hybrid bike under 500 and have the finest riding experience on road as well as rough terrains.
Otherwise keep reading and make even more assured decisions.
Top 5 Hybrid Bikes Under 500 Reviews
Schwinn GTX Hybrid Bike
- Brake Style: Disk Brakes
- Suspension Type: Front Suspension
If you are looking for a multi-sport hybrid bike then Schwinn GTX should be your first choice! It has everything that you could ever dream for in a bike; like 21 speeds, 700C Alloy wheels, 16” frame size, and much more. Moreover, the springs attached at the bottom of the seat can absorb shocks; thus, making your ride comfortable.
Installing the bike is easy as all tools are provided. The pedals and cranks are clearly marked for left/right and it will not take much time to assemble and take your brand new bike out for a ride. The overall quality of each part is sturdy, so if maintained properly then the tires and chains would last for several hundred miles.
Whether you want to ride it around the neighborhood or commute to work, the Schwinn GTX hybrid bike will be a perfect selection. The puncture-resistant tires will ensure that you have a safe riding experience. On top of that, like all other Schwinn bikes, the GTX comes with a limited lifetime warranty for as long as you own the bike. So, place an order for this budget-friendly bike right away.
- Light in weight
- Assembling is quick
- Extremely comfortable to ride
- Good value for money
- Not suitable for a long ride.
- Extra accessories are absent like front basket.
EVRYjourney Women’s Hybrid Bicycle
- Versatile women's hybrid cruiser bicycle with 17.5-inch swooping step-through aluminum frame; perfect for cruise, leisure, and commute rides
- Upright riding style keeps your back and shoulders comfortable; foot-forward design helps maintain proper leg extension
- 21-speed Shimano Tourney derailleur and friction shifters for tackling uphill climbs and long distances; front and rear handbrakes
- Stylish, curvy frame with comfy dual-spring saddle; includes matching fenders and rear rack for optional baskets and panniers
One of the finest bikes for women is the EVRYjourney Women’s Hybrid Bicycle as it has been especially built to provide maximum comfort to them. Its foot-forward design and low center of gravity will let you ride in an upright position; thus providing enough leg extension for optimal pedaling.
The bicycle is available in two sizes; 24-inch and 26-inch model; so that it can accommodate a wide range of riders. Depending on your height, you can purchase the bike that suits you best. The multiple gears will let you ride on numerous terrains easily. Since the frame of the bike is made up of aluminum, it is light in weight.
About 80% of the assembling is already done at the time of arrival, so the rest of it will take less than an hour. You can read the instruction manual or watch some videos online to assemble it quickly.
- Comfortable and eye-catching design.
- Perfect for everyday usage
- Available in different colors
- You will receive 80% assembled bicycle
- Quality of some parts is not up to the mark
- Is a bit noisy while riding
Overall, if you want to have a comfortable and smooth ride, then you should consider buying the EVRYjourney Women’s Hybrid Bicycle. The beautifully designed bike that is available in various pretty colors would certainly make your neighbor’s envy.
Vilano Diverse 3.0 Performance Hybrid Road Bike 24 Speed Shimano Disc Brakes
- Performance Hybrid road bike with components and 700c wheels
- Hydroformed Alloy Performance Hybrid Frame and Fork
- Disc Brakes for Great Stopping Power
- Upright Handlebar for Comfort
If you’re looking for performance, look no more. Vilano Diverse 3.0 Performance Hybrid Road Bike 24 Speed Shimano Disc Brakes is ideal for both newbies and experienced users. Even if you’re new to this, you’ll get more experience later on. You’ll crave for more performance, so it pays off starting with a good bike. The frame is made of hydroformed alloy. It’s not the heaviest unit in this range – 26 pounds only. But then, stability is quite important and you can’t achieve that with a lightweight bike, so it tends to be more of a long ride bike. The fork carries the same quality standards, only it’s made of 6061 aluminum.
Shimano is responsible for the front and rear derailleurs, as well as the shifter. It has an integrated brake lever too. Each wheel is fitted with a disc brake, so you get plenty of stopping power and control in all kinds of weather conditions. Since hybrid bikes often involve long rides, the handlebar is upright for extra comfort. The aerated construction of this bike leaves no room for uncomfortable situations. It’s simple and basic, yet it has the right features for both daily commuters and weekend riders.
It requires assembling, but it’s pretty straightforward. Tunning should be done by someone with experience though. Also, it comes in two different sizes, so choose the right one.
· Sturdy disc brakes
· Excellent for all kinds of terrains
· Lightweight construction
· Good value for money
· Shifts gears smoothly
- Handlebars cannot be raised without having to buy a stem raiser
- Cannot be tuned without any experience
Schwinn Discover Women’s Hybrid Bike (700C Wheels), White, 28″
- Schwinn suspension fork. Schwinn alloy crank, City rise adjustable stem with back sweep handlebar. All the biking comfort details
- 21-speed SRAM grip shifter and Shimano rear derailleur mean that pedaling up a hill is easier. Alloy twist shifter compatible 4 finger brake levers
- "Promax alloy linear pull brakes; gear carrier. Adjust the angle (rise) of the alloy Ahead stem. Assembled Weight 35.5 pounds"
- Swept-back upright handlebars, padded seat. The aluminum frame is lighter and yet durable, fenders keep dirt off the rider
Schwinn leaves no room for interpretation when it comes to quality standards. It’s one of the oldest and most reliable bike manufacturers in the world. Therefore, you know you just can’t go wrong if you buy a Schwinn, as long as you make sure it covers your necessities. Schwinn Discover Women’s Hybrid Bike (700C Wheels), White, 28″ has been specifically designed for women. You can tell that by the low frame construction. It’s one of the most comfortable bikes out there in terms of design – not bulky, but perfectly aerated. It has an aluminum city frame that makes it extremely lightweight, yet sturdy. At the same time, the white paint is perfectly suitable for ladies.
In terms of features, you can count on the Schwinn suspension fork, as well as the Schwinn allow crank. You have a Shimano TX-31 rear derailleur to shift gears and 21 speed SRAM grip shifters. It’s more than enough, regardless of what you need the bike for – to commute to work or to discover new places on weekends. The bike response might surprise you at first, as it’s too strict. Basically, brakes are quite prompt. Other than that, the suspension fork maximizes the comfort. The handlebar is swept back to ensure an upright position. Plus, the stem is adjustable – a feature that might miss in other hybrid bikes.
- Adjustable stem
- Swept back handlebar
- Perfect control of the brakes
- Suspension form for extra comfort
- Aerated construction
- Must be tuned by a professional for a complete experience
- Weirdly shaped frame tubes make it hard to understand where and how to attach things
Schwinn Men’s Network 3.0 700C Wheel Men’s Hybrid Bicycle White, 18′ Frame size
- Schwinn aluminum Hybrid frame with Schwinn suspension fork
- Shimano 21 speed rear derailleur with Shimano EZ Fire shifters
- Alloy rims are lightweight and strong, front quick release
- Padded comfort style seat with suspension seat post
Looking for a good riding companion? Schwinn Men’s Network 3.0 700C Wheel Men’s Hybrid Bicycle White, 18′ Frame size is excellent for reliable everyday riding, as well as soft weekend rides with your friends. Whether you have to ride long distance or you choose a slightly rough terrain, this bike won’t leave your back hurting. It’s the perfect mixture of road and mountain bikes.
It has an aluminum frame that makes it lightweight, as well as a swept back handlebar for a relaxing upright position. The padded seat allows long rides without causing any discomfort.
On the other hand, it also has some of the features that you might expect to find in a mountain bike. The alloy rims are lightweight, yet strong and sturdy. You have a quick release option for the front wheel for easy storage and transportation. The suspension seat post ensures a smooth glide over rough terrains and makes bumps impossible to notice.
In other words, you have the speed of a traditional road bike and the sturdiness of a mountain bake. With these characteristics in mind, Schwinn’s model is certainly one of the top pick.
- Ideal for road trips and mountain riding
- Around 35 pounds in weight
- Comes with a rear rack and additional mounts for a water bottle
- Adjustable handlebar post
- 21 speeds
- The kickstand is not too sturdy
- Requires assembling and tuning
SixThreeZero EVRYjourney Men’s 26-Inch Hybrid Cruiser Bicycle, Matte Black
- Aluminum city frame 7-speed hybrid touring, urban commuting, and cruiser bike with matching full fenders, and 26" wheels
- Shimano 7-speed External Derailleur with front and rear handbrakes allows for wide range of riding from leisure to long distance commutes
- Black synthetic leather comfy saddle and grips with classic stitching; 2" semi-slick tires provide excellent roll, and a cushioned, stable ride
SixThreeZero EVRYjourney Men’s 26-Inch Hybrid Cruiser Bicycle, Matte Black. Unlike most expectations, it’s not a hybrid between road bikes and mountain bikes. Instead, it brings together the smoothness of road bikes and the comfortable position of cruising bikes. It’s ideal for leisure, commute and cruise rides. It has a 19” aluminum frame and weighs less than 36 pounds. It looks a bit unusual at first due to the low profile frame, but once you get used to it, its comfortable design will surprise you. It ensures an upright riding style and allows a comfortable position for the shoulders and back. The design is based on keeping feet forward for a smooth leg extension.
The design is not to be overlooked either. The black matte frame makes this bike look aggressive. The grips and dual spring saddle match the design, as well as the rear rack and fender.
Although it doesn’t come with dozens of speeds, SixThreeZero’s unit has the most common 7 speeds – more than enough. It allows both leisure and long distance commutes.
- Comfortable riding position
- Good looking design
- Smooth assembling
- 7 speeds
- Poor customer service
- Tuning must be done by a professional
Sixthreezero Reach Your Destination Men’s Hybrid Bike
- Contemporary hybrid bike for men with low-profile, lightweight aluminum frame; great for commuting or cruising
- Shimano 7-speed external derailleur allows for leisure and long-distance rides; front and rear handbrakes for easy stopping
- 700 x 35c wheels with double-walled rims for a smooth ride; seat and handlebar geometry puts you in a comfortable upright, heads-up position
- Matching rear bike rack and full fenders; cushy brown synthetic leather saddle and matching grips with classic stitching
If you are searching for a comfy and ergonomic hybrid bike, then you should check out the Sixthreezero Reach Your Destination Men’s Hybrid Bike. Its adaptive 7-speed gears will let you enjoy your ride completely. The 700cx35c tires with double-walled rims will make your ride smooth and comfortable on roads as well as rough terrains.
The seat provides back and hip support and also lets you pedal effortlessly for longer durations. The handlebars have been designed in such a manner that your shoulders, arms, and back will be comfortable and relaxed even while riding for longer durations. Moreover, the handlebars have synthetic leather grips that are slip resistant, comfortable, as well as durable.
The frame of the bicycle is made up of aluminum, which makes it light in weight. Assembling the bike is super-quick since you will receive an 85% percent assembled product. It is a perfect bike for riders who are 5 feet to 6 feet 2 inches tall.
- Rear rack is included
- Light in weight
- Comfortable hybrid bike
- Front and rear handbrakes
- While riding, the seat rotates a bit until and unless you screw it very tight.
- Assembling might be difficult for a novice.
All in all, the Sixthreezero Reach Your Destination Men’s Hybrid Bike provides an amazing riding experience. Its light weight frame will let you ride longer distances without getting tired.
In conclusion, Schwinn Discover is probably the most complete hybrid bike out there. It can easily outweigh the best hybrid bikes under 500 and even the ones from a more expensive segment. Sixthreezero EVRYjourney is also handy if you’re not into mountain bikes, but cruise bikes. After all, your primary needs should dictate the final choice. And if you feel like that you will mostly use your bike offroad then better have a look at some of the mountain bikes the same way as if you would use your bike only for road.