If you have never shopped for an elliptical machine, it is a must to read the best home elliptical first before heading to the machine shop. The elliptical machine provides a full body workout, recommended for cardio and muscular endurance. For beginners, the model that can preprogram different routines is recommended. It eliminates guesswork and makes it easy to move around. If you are working out on a regular basis, consider an elliptical machine that allows more programs and variations.
Before buying any elliptical in the store, make sure it is comfortable to use. Don’t waste your money on a piece of equipment that is very expensive, and uses up a lot of space. You need to consider several factors and read different elliptical machine reviews before buying
The Increasing Demand for Elliptical – Why It’s Becoming More and More Popular
The machine was introduced in 1995, and since then it continues to gain more and more users. In fact, it already surpasses the popularity of treadmills. The elliptical machines experienced a whopping 29% increased on sales in the year 2004-2005, while the treadmills drop to 5% sales growth.
The increasing popularity of elliptical is still going strong at 76%. At present, elliptical trainers, free weights, and treadmills are the three most vital pieces of the machine in working out. The two biggest reasons why elliptical machines are getting popular is the ease of use and the total body weight yielding the workouts it provides.
Those with joint problems will benefit a lot because of its gliding action. Some are switching from the treadmill to elliptical, particularly those who have suffered a severe knee injury.
Another reason why the machine is gaining popularity is its ability to provide the best, whole body, weight bearing workout. Its moveable handlebars work most of the upper body muscles.
The Many Benefits Elliptical Can Provide
The elliptical machine provides impressive health benefits that make it the perfect cardiovascular exercise machine on the market today.
- Increase Aerobic Capacity
One of the most vital aspects of fitness is the aerobic capacity. If your aerobic capacity is increased, you will be able to do activities longer without getting out of breath. One of the vital benefits of the equipment is that it improves the user’s aerobic capability by escalating the heart rate and make you sweat a lot. By exercising for 20 to 30 minutes several days a week, you will be able to boost your aerobic activities.
- Complete Body Workout
If you are running outside or using a treadmill, you can burn calories efficiently at the same time get more leg muscle recruitment. But, if you use elliptical, you can work not just on your lower body but your upper body as well. The machine works the chest, legs, back, arms, and shoulders. By using the elliptical device, you can complete a full-body workout in 20 minutes.
- Help Burns More Calories
As reported in Harvard Health Publications, exercising using the elliptical machine for 30 minutes can burn 400 calories. Of course, it depends on your weight. For heavier individuals, you can burn more weight within this time frame. The amount of calories you consume depends on the intensity of your workout. To increase the amount of energy you use during your exercise, it is best to improve the machine resistance or the train interval on the machine.
- Non-Impact Workout
People with bone and joint conditions, like the ligament tears, arthritis, and osteoporosis. Those with such ailments can benefit a lot from elliptical training since it does not put a lot of impact on your joints. The elliptical is a safe exercise option for lots of people since the feet remain on the gliding platforms.
Factors to Consider When Buying
The price of the elliptical machine is the first thing most people consider. The quality of this machine varies greatly. Best elliptical under 200 is usually of low-quality. High-quality elliptical can cost over thousands. Here are some factors that you should consider:
The best home elliptical machine performs the same way a health club fitness machine works, while the one that costs less have poor limitations. The performance essentials you need to know when shopping are as follows:
- Resistance – the best machine offers a wide range of resistance. An elliptical machine with heavier flywheel usually cost more. The quality of the performance of the device can be affected by the flywheel. Choose the one with a flywheel that weighs around 20 pounds if you want it at the beginner’s level.
- Stride Length – this is one of the qualities of the best home elliptical machine. Most people choose one size fits all, but others prefer an adjustable stride elliptical. This feature is available in high-end and mid-range models.
- Upper Body Training – elliptical machine has handlebars that are designed comfortably to fit people with various wingspans. The coordination of the lower and upper body feels natural.
The best elliptical under 300 has simple electronics. It’s because most of the resources are placed on the vital components to avoid breakdowns. If you purchase the expensive one you can expect to get great electronic features. Here are some factors that affect durability:
- The weight of the user. The elliptical trainers can be used by individuals that weigh up to 300 lbs.
- Metal versus Plastic. Machines with metal and tough resin parts are durable. High-quality materials can lessen the possibility of breakdowns, and heavier components can make exercising more stable during exercising.
- Elliptical with center drive and front drive is more compact. The front drive is usually cheaper.
- Product warranty shows how durable the machine is.
- Other Features
Here are other popular features you should consider:
- Adjustable incline to help you stimulate climbing at various angles for toning of muscle and rapid calorie burn.
- Elliptical under 500 can support some several profiles, have excellent preset program variety, and likewise offer customized workout programs.
- The machine has wireless heart rate monitoring, also it has programs for heart rate control. It helps the users to work within heart rate zones.
- The high-quality elliptical has widescreens that support high-definition video and has Android browsers. Tracking of workout data is easy, and you can also watch your favorite TV shows.
- iPhone/iPod compatible and has speakers for MP3 players. The speakers have higher fidelity and may have on-screen adjustments for mobile devices.
Choosing the best elliptical is not an easy task. Knowing the different features of the machine can help you decide which is best for you. Buy the machine based on what your body needs and your purpose of using it. If you are looking for a better alternative for a treadmill, only the elliptical trainers can provide more. Reading reviews on the product can help you a lot in deciding. Hope this post is able to provide you the information that you need when buying an elliptical machine.