Best Rowing Machines
Stay In The Fitness Trend With The Best Rowing Machines
Who says, trying to stay fit or aiming to be one is expensive? It is a common occurrence that one easily loses their enthusiasm when it comes to following a strict fitness plan. The inconvenience of going out of your house and working out in a gym drags down the motivation meter, especially when it is draining your wallet rapidly. So, the question now would be what the best solution regarding this matter is?
If we take money and convenience into consideration, you might want to consider buying indoor fitness equipment. There are a lot of indoor fitness equipments on the market today, like treadmills and elliptical trainers, which give you plenty of options to choose from. However, if you want to experience a full body workout in a single equipment, this choice is 100% possible. Amongst the top of the line full body workout device, a lot of fitness experts would recommend the home rowing machine.
What is a home rowing machine and how do you know which model is the best? Rowing machine gives more benefits not only to your health but also to your lifestyle. Hence, as a buyer, you need to do a lot of research in order to find the best rowing machine on the market this 2019.
Things to Consider When Buying the Best rowing machine
Be a smart buyer, and have a full checklist of the things, you should first consider when buying the best home rowing machine. In doing so, we ensure that you experience great ease and contentment on your end.
One of the factors to consider when choosing the best rowing machine is the level of convenience you feel when using it. If you have sensitive skin and easily get blisters on your hand, buttocks, and foot, then you should opt for the perfect equipment that fits your comfort. Losing your fitness drive is easy when you find it extremely painful or distressing every time you use your rowing machine. Thus, try to be critical regarding this matter.
Storage Capability and Size
If you require a rowing machine that only takes up a tiny space in your room and can easily be stored, you should probably consider the ease of storage and the size of the device. There are some models that only occupy a small space when open and also have the foldable ability. While other home rowing machines can’t be folded but can be separated for easy storage. So, be well-informed when buying this device.
If you don’t have any knowledge about the workings of a machine and are not an expert in machinery installation, try to look at the various product reviews of legit buyers. Take note of the issues they usually run into when ordering a specific home rowing machine model, such as missing pieces or parts that do not fit together. Just be reminded that most of the best home rowing machines are easy to assemble. They might take an hour or less, but such activity doesn’t need any knowledge of the different machine principles. When you order one, they always come with manual instructions and tools.
Since there are a lot of rowing machines available for sale today, narrowing down your number of options by your preferred resistance type will help you find the perfect device easily. Home rowing machines imitate the movements of outdoor rowing. Water, air, magnetic, and hydraulic piston are the four different resistance types. If you’re not familiar with the mechanisms of each resistance type, then you can do your research or ask some experts regarding this.
With great quality comes at a great price. When buying a home rowing machine, you should also take into account the weight capacity and durability of the equipment. Each rowing machine model has a specific weight limit. For instance, a rowing machine that has a weight capacity of 250 lbs. cannot support a person who weighs beyond it. Also, it is worth to buy a device that can stand the test of time no matter how many people or how many times you’ve used it.
Besides the weight capacity, each rowing machine model has their specific height limit too. If you are taller than average, there are some particular models that can accommodate such height. In case you have this problem, then you should do thorough research about this.
There are a lot of budget rowing machines that perform and function just the same as the high-priced ones. The price you can spend will definitely narrow down your options. According to experts, owning a rowing machine that doesn’t cost that much is not that bad unless if you’re really serious about rowing and you know that you’ll get a lot of use out of it. However, just always take into account other factors like your weight and height.
Monitor functions, warranty, special DVDs for training, and so on are some of the added features of home rowing machines. If you are extremely particular about these extra treats, then you don’t need to worry since there are budget models that come with these features. On the contrary, if you prefer a device that performs sophisticatedly—for example, an LCD monitor that can be connected to a computer—then investing in a high-end home rowing machine model would be the best option.
The Advantages of Getting a Home Rowing Machine
Are you having second thoughts about whether to get a home rowing machine or not? You might probably want to know about the number of benefits you will receive if you get one. Hence, below is a list of the advantages of getting a rowing machine:
A home rowing machine requires you to use your whole body; thus, it’s a full body workout. By using this single equipment, you can achieve a lot of health benefits.
First, it is an intense calorie burning machine with lots of cardiovascular benefits. Since this is an endurance exercise, rowing will increase your heart rate and oxygen consumption. As a result, your calories will burn rapidly, achieving total fitness.
Second, rowing makes you utilize your major muscle group, giving you an ultimate muscle toning.
Third, as this is an effective aerobic exercise, it increases your stamina and heightens your immune system level.
Fourth, although it may be exhausting at first, but long-term use of rowing machine will increase your endurance, give you more energy, and boost your metabolism.
Home rowing machine is a low-impact workout with a non-weigh bearing feature. Hence, regardless of your age, weight, or the ill circumstance you are in (e.g., have weak joints or trying to recover from an injury), you can always use this fitness equipment.
Staying in Your Comfort Zone
Whether you want to stay fit or be fit but have no time doing outdoor exercises or going to the gym, then owning a home rowing machine would be the best solution. A rowing machine involves a full body workout which provides more advantages and is less time consuming than using a treadmill or exercise bikes. You have the convenience of working out in your house while gaining the fitness goal you need. Also, after using this equipment, since some models can be folded or separated for easy storage, you can just keep it in a place where it fits, especially when you don’t have the space for such equipment in your house.
Top 5 Home Rowing Machines
Unlike the previous versions of the Sunny Health & Fitness Rowing Machines, this model’s unique characteristic is its magnetic type of resistance. Magnetic rowing machine is one of the most popular resistant types as it requires more effort for a better workout experience. It is the quietest amongst all types available, and is more compact than water and air rowing machines.
For a budget rower, this rowing machine has everything that you would expect for its price, and it has received a lot of positive reviews. This model has the foldable ability so, you can easily store it somewhere when you’re not using it. For its size, a wide range of users can use this machine especially with its eight magnetic resistance setting. In general, SF-RW5515 has a superior overall build quality; constructed using a heavy duty steel mainframe, this is one of the best affordable rowers this 2019.
- It has eight level of the magnetic resistance setting
- It comes together with a large LCD monitor that will help you track your daily workout progress
- It provides optimal comfort as it features large, textured pedals with non-slip grip and a fully padded seat
- It provides great convenience as it has built in wheels and is foldable for easy maneuverability and storage
- It is built with heavy duty steel mainframe – overall build quality is good
- Magnetic Resistant type
- Maximum user weight of 250 lbs.
- Measures 82 x 19 x 23 inches
- Weighs 60 lbs.
- Can be folded easily after use
- Can be transported easily because of its wheels
- Budget-friendly rower
- Built in LCD monitor
- Offers eight resistance levels
- Works quietly
- Operates on a magnetic tension system
- Short warranty period – 90-day limited warranty covering both frame and parts
- Basic LCD monitor – ability to download data, choose workout programs, monitor heart rate is unavailable
Engineered to last a lifetime, the Concept 2 Model D is one of the best high-end rowing machines you can get; it’s the most reliable and modern piece of machinery. Compared with spending a lot of money in gym workouts and buying cheap rowers that might break anytime, this model will give you the satisfaction, security, and happiness you deserve. This rowing machine is frequently used by elite level athletes as well as in gyms, which suggest how magnificent a piece of equipment this is.
Available as the best seller for quite a long time now, this rowing machine has achieved a lot of recommendations and a 5-star rating. This may not be the cheapest rower but nor it is the most expensive one; hence, if you’re planning on spending a lot of time for a piece of indoor equipment and if you’re determined on using it extensively, then you might as well spend a bit more for quality.
- It works on a performance monitor 5 (PM5) that has both Bluetooth and ANT+ wireless connectivity
- It gives you full control of your exertion and resistance
- It offers ease of storage as you can easily separate the entire unit into two and offers portability as it has built in wheels
- It provides great durability and stability that it can support a weight of up to 500 lbs
- It provides highly adjustable footrests and ergonomic handle
- Air resistant type
- Maximum user weight of 500 lbs.
- Measures 15 x 21.5 x 56 inches
- Weighs 57 lbs.
- Comes in light gray or black
- Long span warranty – five year frame warranty and two year parts warranty
- Easy assembly that can take for a minimum of 30 minutes
- Sophisticated monitor – PM5, which gives a wide range of options
- Includes a spiral damper – with an adjustable setting from 1–10
- Ease of storage and portability
- Some find the flywheel noisy compared with other types of resistance rowers
- Some consider the model not as aesthetically pleasing compared with other models
The Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 rower is a budget-friendly machine that works on hydraulic piston resistance. Considering its price, this model’s build quality is actually good since it is made with the aluminum center beam and steel frame. It is highly recommended for those people who are looking for a light to medium workout.
A huge advantage of this model is the minimal amount of noise it produces, as expected from a device that uses a hydraulic piston. On the contrary, this type of resistance can get hot when used for too long, which in turn can cause the rower to overheat and, sometimes, leak oil. This model has gained several praises from users, gaining a rating of 4 stars for its solid frame and free-motion handles that mimic real-life rowing.
- It offers 12 different levels of hydraulic piston resistance
- It produces a minimal amount of noise during the workout due to its resistance type
- It includes monitor or control panel that helps in keeping track of workout activities including time, number of strokes, and estimated amount of calories burned
- It conserves a lot of space in your room when open as well as when it is closed due to its foldable ability
- It comes with big foot pedals and a long gliding track, which is ideal for taller users
- It comes with a full range of motion rowing
- Hydraulic piston resistant type
- Maximum user weight of 250 lbs.
- Measures 58.25 x 42.5 x 18.125 inches
- Weighs less than 40 lbs.
- Well-constructed model as it is really durable and solid
- Foldable for ease of storage
- 12-level adjustable resistance
- Free motion handles
- Long gliding track that suits a height of up to 6’6 feet
- Hydraulic piston can heat up after 15 minutes and sometimes leaks oil – resistance level weakens due to shock getting hot
- Seat and handles are only comfortable for short to moderate workout session
- Footrests and foot straps design is a major issue as lots of users complained about their feet slipping while working out
- No wheels for ease of portability
Another budget-friendly but high quality rower is the Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW5639. Operating on a hydraulic piston resistance, this model offers a really quiet rowing experience. It has 12 levels of adjustable resistance, and free rowing arm motion. Although models operated by hydraulic piston run into a number of issues, for a low-priced model, SF-RW5639 still has a good overall resistance.
One of this model’s strongest features is its strong build quality that has a maximum weight capacity of 350 lbs. compared with other cheap models that usually have an average weight capacity of 250 lbs. The seat is well padded, the handles have comfortable non-slip grip, and the footrests’ foot straps can hold one’s feet securely. Although it is not foldable and doesn’t have wheels, this model weighs lightly and has foldable arms which are easy to set aside or store.
Overall, if you don’t have the budget for high-end models, then this one is one of the best rowing machine options for you.
- It has a higher maximum weight capacity
- It has 12 adjustable resistance levels
- It comes with an LCD monitor that helps you track your workout progress
- It allows for a full motion arm range
- It provides a great seat, handles, and footrests comfort
- Hydraulic piston resistant type
- Maximum user weight of 350 lbs.
- Measures 51.5 x 24 x 14 inches
- Weighs 33 lbs.
- Budget-friendly rower
- Higher weight capacity and build quality compared with other affordable models
- Large seat travel length with a comfortable seat, hand grips, and footrests
- Good warranty span – 3 years for structural frame and 90 days for parts and components
- Resistance for this model is not advisable for strong or fit users
- Pretty basic LCD monitor
- Hydraulic piston easily heats up when in use for as long as 15–20 minutes
For beginners or elderly users who are looking for an affordable, great low-impact workout, then Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW1205 is the best home rowing machine for you. This model only costs low but has a rating of above 4 for most online shops. Just like the SF-RW5639 model, this model runs on the hydraulic piston resistance that gives a quieter and smoother rowing motion. However for stronger individuals or athletes, this product is not the best option. It is built with a powerful steel frame that makes it a high quality rower for its price.
- It has 12 adjustable resistance levels
- It comes with LCD monitor that lets you track your workout progress such as calories burned and time
- It offers a comfortable padded seat, non-slip grip handles, and anti-slip foot plates with adjustable foot straps
- It has a durable and stable steel frame
- It gives comprehensible instructions and tools for easy assembly
- Hydraulic piston resistant type
- Maximum user weight of 220 lbs.
- Measures 53.2 x 20 x 21.5 inches
- Weighs 20 lbs.
- Ideal for beginners and elderly people
- Extremely affordable
- Allows for smooth and quiet rowing
- Exceptionally light for easy storage
- Lower weight capacity which is 220 lbs
- Too small for tall users
Surprisingly, the market has numerous great quality rowers. Whether you are looking for budget fitness equipment or a high-end one, opting for the best rowing machine is easy when you do your research and is critical about the things you should consider when buying one.
If you are a beginner looking for an average fitness workout activity then choosing an affordable rowing machine is a good choice. One of the best options for an affordable best home rowing machine is the Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW5515. This model has an average rating of 4.3 and is our top choice rower, which ensures how great of a budget-friendly piece of fitness equipment this is. On the contrary, if you are looking for an extensive fitness workout, then you should probably choose a high-end rower such as the Concept2 Model D. This model has an average rating of 4.9 and is the #1 best seller in the market.
In the end, deciding which rowing machine to buy lies in your hand. Just remember that you should always base your rower option on your needs and requirements.